Warm, buttery, sweet waffles may not be the first thing you’d think of finding at a farmers’ market.
Amanda and Greg Adams, husband and wife team, have brought exactly that to Sparks Farmers’ Market. With their flavored syrup spreads, consumers can get a delectable treat in between bites of fresh peach samples and raw spinach.
Susie’s Original Syrup Spreads, a business that started just June 1st of this year, is making a big impression on the market goers.
“[The spreads] are well-received,” Amanda said. “The product is completely new and people are really loving it.”
The idea came from Amanda’s mom, Susie Olsen, who the company is named after. Susie made a maple syrup spread and shared the unique recipe with her children. Amanda has been delightfully eating the syrup spread since she was young and passes along the sweet treat to her children.
After altering the recipe a bit for production and creating many innovative flavors, Amanda and Greg set out to “spread” the word. They started with farmers’ markets because they are a place where you can get close to the consumer, talk to them and learn what they like.
“Farmers’ Markets are the easiest way to get the product out there,” Greg said. “People can try it and taste it.”
The classic flavors include Maple, Caramel Macchiato, Blackberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Cheesecake, S’mores and Butter Pecan, which is their most popular. There are different size tubs for sale but you can also grab a waffle for one with your favorite spread. Overall, though, they have created over 30 different flavors including some exotics like bubble gum and even a peanut butter and chocolate flavor.
In time, Susie’s Original Syrup Spreads hope to be in stores with seasonal flavors like Egg Nog and Pumpkin Pie.
If you haven’t yet tried it, every flavor is out to sample at the Sparks’ Farmers Market and the Adams encourage you to sample them all to find your favorite flavor. Find out more about Susie’s Original Syrup Spreads on their website or their Facebook.
The six classic syrup spread flavors. Photo courtesy Susie’s Food website.
Check out the many uses (from Susie’s Foods website):
Susie’s Original Syrup Spreads… so many uses!
- You can try them on: Waffles, Pancakes, French Toast, Crepes, Bagels, Toast, Rolls, Biscuits, Croissants, Corn Bread, Fried Bread, Scones… and any other warm bread you can think of!
Try a spoonful of any of our flavors in a bowl of Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat or any other hot breakfast cereal.
- Put a dollop of our Maple or Butter Pecan flavored spreads on a baked Yam or Sweet Potato.
- Candy some nuts in a frying pan with a scoop of our Butter Pecan flavored spread, and try them on a salad
- Try some of our Maple flavored spread on baked salmon, chicken, pork chops, bacon, or any other meats you can think of… you decide, the choices are endless!
- Melt any of our spreads and pour them over fresh popped popcorn for a yummy gourmet treat… and you get to decide how sweet you want it!
Think of another use? Add it to the list!
Greg, Amanda and Carissa brave the rainy weather at last week’s Sparks Farmers’ Market.
Amanda and Greg’s daughter loves the syrup spread. Photo courtesy Susie Foods website.
Sample every flavor, from classic Maple to tart Strawberry Cheesecake.